Greetings from Willemstad / Curacao. This is the C island of the ABC islands. Can you still use the letter C positive today? I guess so. It’s time for more positivity in all our lives. Step by step. They say that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step. Our life is a long and winding journey full of bumps and bruises along the way. When we encounter them, we must find the strength to get up and move on. This is where inspiring people come into play. They motivate us to take those steps and keep going no matter what. Since you already know me, today I want to talk about some of the most influential motivational speakers that have changed my own life for the better.
1) Tony Robbins: One of the most famous motivational speakers in the world and one of my first mentors. If you have Netflix, you should check out “I am not your guru”. Tony has written several excellent books on self-help and personal development and teaches seminars that will blow your mind. His powerful words have helped thousands and thousands of people around the world to overcome their fears and live life to the fullest. He encourages us to push our limits and be our best selves.
2) Les Brown: When Les starts laughing, no eye stays dry. I love his humorous and open style. When it comes to lectures and speaking on stage, he was my mentor. He is a true master of storytelling. With his encouraging speeches, Les Brown helps people gain more confidence and achieve their goals. He teaches us how to achieve success by making it our passion instead of just working hard for it.
3) Deepak Chopra: Also, a renowned speaker, author and advocate for alternative medicine from India and one of my spiritual mentors. He is known for his very spiritual approach to personal growth and self-healing through changing one’s thoughts and actions. He talks about inner peace through meditation, mindfulness, and yoga, which he says can help us discover ourselves on a deeper level. Because it ultimately leads us to personal happiness. And I agree with him absolutely. That’s all that matters. Find yourself.
4) Oprah Winfrey: What a ray of light. In her shows, she has inspired hundred of thousands of people on the topics of positivity and self-love over the past few decades. She encourages everyone to love themselves unconditionally and forgive those who have hurt them so they can move forward without the past haunting their every step. Her own life story is more than moving and totally admirable how she pulled herself out of the deep hole to the top of the media world. Her story of how she landed the role in “The Color Purple” is amazing.
5) Tim Ferris: I learned from Tim that you can also achieve your goals in four hours a week. He is best known for his book “The 4-Hour Work Week”. Tim is also an excellent motivational speaker. He helps people to see that it is possible to achieve success without sacrificing your health or sanity. He also gives his listeners actionable advice they can use to make positive changes in their lives.
Whoever you follow, find motivational speakers and people who give you hope and help you believe in yourself. Always remember: You’re not a superhero until you think you’re a superhero. These five mentors helped me with that. Thank you for helping so many of us make positive changes in our lives! Thank you for being there when no one else was! I will always be grateful for what you have done for each one of us! And I’m happy and proud to now be leaving my own footsteps in the motivational sand. Speaking of footsteps in the sand – Anke and I are going to the beach now.