Whether we want to admit it or not – the Christmas season will soon be here again. And what could be nicer than doing something good for others? Whether you’re complimenting a stranger or giving a helping hand to a friend in need, there are countless ways to make someone’s day a little better. Read on to learn how you can improve the lives of those around you.
The little things make the difference
The power of good deeds should not be underestimated. When we take the time to do something kind for others, we make their day better, as well as our own. This is a win-win situation! It’s also scientifically proven that acts of kindness release endorphins in the brain, making us feel warm and comfortable. And who doesn’t look forward to a few additional happy hormones in the body.
So how can you get started? Here are a few ideas for getting your joy out into the world before the holidays:
– Bring cookies or other goodies to your neighbor’s house
– Buy a coffee from the bakery for the person behind you in line
– Send a card or flowers to someone you know is going through a difficult time
– Offer to help someone with their Christmas shopping
– Volunteer at a local soup kitchen or animal shelter
– Tell someone special how much you appreciate them
– Address the cashier by name (if they wear a name tag)
No matter what you do; remember that even the smallest gesture of kindness will have a big impact in someone’s life. And that’s what it’s all about – to start the ripple effect that makes the world a better place for all of us.